Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lyla Verona Bailey

I'm not sure how i've neglected the blog for so long, but here's the latest...

Lyla Verona was born on April 7, 2011 @ 12:48 pm.  She was 7 lbs 15 and 20 inches long.  She was healthy and happy!

I went in on April 6 to be induced and things were going fine until the next day.  When they started giving me pitocin to induce the labor, Lyla's heart rate went down.  They took me off the pitocin and tried again.  Same thing happened, so they decided on a C-Section.  The operation went fine and Tim even got to watch  her be born!  Then, I saw her for a few seconds before they took her away with Tim.  He got to carry her to the waiting room where my mom and Sydney were waiting, while I got stitched up.  It seemed like an eternity on the operating table when all I wanted to do was see my girl!!

Here are a few pictures from the hospital...










Lyla is doing well, now.  The first couple weeks were rough and she lost a lot of weight because she was too impatient to breastfeed.  Now, she eats both breast milk and formula and she's doing great! At her last appointment, she was over 10 lbs and 24 inches long.  She was in the 95 percentile on height!  Tall girl!  She has already changed so much.  She is very alert and follows you with her eyes now.  She loves her hands and sucks on them constantly, especially if she's hungry!  She sticks her tongue out a lot and will sometimes copy you if you do it.  She makes some babbling noises but usually gets frustrated because she can't figure out how to talk back.  She smiles a lot more than before, especially for Mommy and Daddy.  Overall, she's doing great!!

Here are some pictures from the past 2 months...





















                                                 ...That's all for now!  I'll update again later!

No comments:

Post a Comment